As a coffee addict I’m always on the lookout for a delicious coffee recipe that is also healthy! This is a seriously DELICIOUS recipe for any coffee lover who doesn’t want to give up their coffee creamer. Not only is it insanely decadent but it’s also pretty darn healthy compared to most other coffee creamers.
+ GLUTEN FREE
+ DAIRY FREE
+ SOY FREE
+ PRESERVATIVE FREE
For those of you who prefer a video tute you can check it out here. Otherwise keep reading for the full ingredients and directions.
+ 2 TBSP coconut palm sugar
+ 1 vanilla bean
I definitely recommend sticking with the full fat coconut milk for all recipes. I’ve recently started eating a more high fat, no grain lifestyle and I lost about 10 pounds over the course of 2 months without really having to try. So stay away from the Light coconut milk ok? Also, I try to get organic whenever I can. I’ve found that the price difference usually isn’t enough for me to risk putting all those pesticides into my body. I mean really–is that extra .75 cents going to break the bank?
The best canned coconut milk I’ve found that has zero preservatives and is organic is Natural Value brand. I find it here on Amazon. You can also get a great deal on a 12 pack here, because, let’s be honest, you’re going to LOVE this recipe so you’ll need a lot of coconut milk!
I love using coconut palm sugar instead of other sugar substitutes. It’s been shown to have one of the lowest glycemic indexes of all sugars–meaning it won’t spike your blood sugar as much as most other sugars and sugar substitutes will. Also, it has a wonderful, rich, carmelly flavor. It makes coconut palm sugar perfect for a great coffee recipe! You can find the exact coconut palm sugar I used for this recipe here on Amazon.
As a child I was always a vanilla kid. I remember even telling the kids at school that I was allergic to chocolate because I was literally THE ONLY kid who didn’t drink chocolate milk at lunch. Chocolate is okay but just has never been my favorite. So when I got inspired for this recipe the thought of using real vanilla beans excited me! While I was making this coffee recipe I even tasted the little black beans–they were AMAZING! I will definitely be using vanilla beans again in future recipes. You can find vanilla beans at a decent price here on Amazon.
2. Empty the entire can of coconut milk into a small sauce pan set to medium heat.
3. Add 2 TBSP of the coconut palm sugar.
4. Remove the seeds from one half of your vanilla bean using the tip of a knife. Again be very careful and gentle with this.
5. Add the remaining portion of your vanilla bean to the coconut milk & coconut palm sugar.
6. Allow the creamer to simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
7. Let the coffee creamer sit for 30 minutes to allow the vanilla to infuse.
8. Remove the vanilla bean from the coffee creamer.
9. Pour your coffee creamer into a mason jar and store in the fridge.
10. Add about 3 TBSP of creamer to your favorite coffee and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you have other healthy coffee recipes you’d like to share please tell me about it in the comments below!